We are a new software development company located at a WeWork office on Ste-Catherine Street, Downtown Montreal’s major thoroughfare.
Our common goal at Matador Labs is to revolutionize omnichannel retail by harnessing the power of artificial intelligence. The founders are experienced veterans in the world of business and have demonstrated a history of owning and operating successful companies.
We are looking for dynamic people with a strong background in backend and system architecture, to join our growing team & that will lead other developers in team to make sure application is scalable and meets product team expectations.
Your day will most probably start by Making yourself a good coffee, followed by reading your emails and having a quick peek at the your tasks to see your next priorities before starting work.
Since we are supporting multiple clients in different industries, you might be visited or contacted by your team members to manage your priorities.
Once the day’s tasks and priorities are in order, you can start your day’s work. You need to work closely with the developers in Canada and also offshore to make sure we are progressing, documentation is up to date and developers are following best coding practises. At Matador Labs, it is encouraged to team up as a duo to tackle analyzing tasks. This helps avoid the creation of silos and can lead to more creative approaches to problems. It’s also to ensure your results are, as we say, as “kick ass” as possible.
To finish off your day, you might wrap up your work before pushing to our repositories or maybe do some online training to boost up your skills and improve your proficiency with the various languages we use. We also encourage you to take that time to learn new languages and skills that can come into play in future projects.
What are the requirements?
• Located and eligible to work in Montreal Canada.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in system architecture.
• Experience working with MSQL and MongoDb.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies (e.g. scrum, kanban)
• Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
What’s in it for you?
• Chance to work with a passionate and inspiring team lead by experienced veterans.
• An opportunity to help build the future of retailing experience
• A chance to work in startup, which is growing extremely fast
• A chance to develop your career and skills as a lead tester.